Top 5 Quotes From Nirmala Sitharaman’s Budget 2021, Fully Prepared To Facilitate Economy ResetPage Visited: 4
Finance Minister Nirmala Sithraman is announcing Budget 2021 in parliament. Ms Sitharaman said the Budget was prepared in circumstances “like never before” and that the government was fully prepared to back and facilitate a reset of the economy. According to her, the total impact of Atmanirbhar Bharat and Covid relief measures was ₹ 27.1 lakh crore, which amounts to 13 per cent of the GDP.
Here are the top 5 quotes from Budget 2021:
- “Only three times has the Budget followed a contraction in the economy This time, unlike before, the situation is due to a global pandemic,” Ms Sitharaman said, adding that Budget 2021 provided every opportunity for economy to capture pace and grow sustainably.
- The Finance Minister announced Rs 35,000 crore for COVID-19 vaccines this year, announcing that two more vaccines were likely this year, apart from Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin and Serum Institute’s Covishield.
- Atmanirbhar Bharat schemes announced in 2020 were like five mini budgets themselves, said the Finance Minister. She added that two more Covid-19 vaccines will arrive.
- Ms Sitharaman said the manufacturing sector has to grow in double digits to achieve a $ 5 trillion economy.
- The Finance Minister also announced a voluntary vehicle scrapping policy to phase out old vehicles. Vehicles will go through fitness tests after 20 years for PVs, 15 years for CVs.